- Listen to, trust and follow your gut, your intuition – It’s in you; listen for it. For tips on building a stronger intuition see blog “Building Your Core Inside-Out.”
- Do crazy things for love – The only “what if” scenario to consider is what if you don’t take action?
- Cherish true friends – Loyalty, support and celebrating others successes are rare traits.
- Celebrate life and your accomplishments – Nothing is to small.
- Ohana is the most important thing in life – The one you are born into the world to and the one you create.
- When in doubt, yoga – This is a multifaceted practice that works for me and maybe it will work for you. See post “Why I Yoga.”
- The cleansing effects of the sea – Nothing clears the mind, opens the heart and cleanses the soul like the earth’s water. Take a dip and sea… (Horrible pun intended).
- Work does not define you – How and why you work do.
- Work is not the most important thing in life, nor is money – Set your priorities and center your daily actions around them.
- Have a loving, supportive “inner voice” instead of one that tears you down – Be your own support system. Be your biggest cheerleader. Be your best friend.
- Life is long – Enjoy the ride.
- Life is short – Seize the moment.
- Homegrown and home-cooked food tastes best – Get dirt under your fingernails, grow cook and eat your own food, it’s a great feeling of independence.
- Be Present – Breathe.
- Everything is constantly changing – the highs and lows alike will fade. Breathe.
- You must water your relationship for it to grow – if it’s not growing, it’s dying.
- Reapply sunscreen and bring a hat – SPF 50 please. Skin cancer is no joke.
- Capture the moment with your eyes, mind and heart before your camera – I want my life to flash before my eyes, not to have to look through my iPhone to remember it.
- Travels are the best way to spend your money – You can meet new people, experience different cultures and open your eyes. Broaden your world and understanding of it.
- A smile and hug go a long way – Babies who go touch-starved die. Adults who go touch-starved die on the inside.
- Food is thy medicine; and water – You are what you eat.
- Gratitude changes everything – Practice it daily for positive life-changing effects. See my blog “What Goes In My Gratitude Box” for more.
- Help Others – Everyone Needs It.
- Forgiveness is the key – Forgive yourself, forgive others and free yourself
- Love is everything – Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, is it not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.” – 1 Corinthians 4:4-8a
Sending you love and support on your journey,